Oct hikes...

Connecticut Trips and Events

Moderator: Pamola

Re: Oct hikes...

Postby coldfeet » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:56 pm

ok, i might do something crazy and go hiking in NH with my nephew. will pray to the knee gods for help...will check out a brewery near there....trying for pierce (did vftt winter gathering 05) and eisenhower...any suggestions for breweries near there?
Never been a big beer drinker but I'm willing to learn!
coldfeet
Pubcrawler

Postby redshorts47 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:01 pm

MOAT Mt. In North Conway! Excellent Beer and Food. Their Pale Ale is great and the Longhorn Nachos rock. Their other beer and food are really good but those are the ones that stand out to me. I love this place
A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.
redshorts47
Pubcrawler

Postby coldfeet » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:08 am

Went to the Moat, check out NH report..thx...forgot to mention that we were hiking Pierce/Eisenhower
coldfeet
Pubcrawler

Postby redshorts47 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:08 am

coldfeet wrote:Went to the Moat, check out NH report..thx...forgot to mention that we were hiking Pierce/Eisenhower

just checked you TR out. Sounds like you two had an Awesome time. Glad you made it to MOAT. That is mine and my wifes favorite and we need to start going to other brewpubs. We always go there after one of our Hikes in the Whites :D
A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.
redshorts47
Pubcrawler

Postby coldfeet » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:21 pm

Helloooooooooooooo Laurie and Tom! What are your plans this weekend? Don't know why I'm asking because I've been limping around my school for the last 2 days and called my OS to discuss a possible knee replacement
next June :( But I can still limp around and try to knock off my last 2 trips this Friday night and Saturday if you are planning on finishing this saturday. I'm working on Sunday so that's out. Give me a heads up on where u are planning to hike this weekend?..
coldfeet
Pubcrawler

Postby coldfeet » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:34 pm

Forgot to tell you, Mt Misery and Lantern Hill are in the SE section of CT. Looks very nice but for now my knee doesn't want to do that. Will google hikes near Branford and Hamden.
coldfeet
Pubcrawler

Postby coldfeet » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:50 pm

http://articles.courant.com/2010-04-23/ ... land-sound

Found this for Branford. i'm going to check out Hamden, seems like sleeping Giant is near there and I already did that one. sorry for so many messages. Lost Laurie's e mail.
coldfeet
Pubcrawler

Postby Laurie » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:24 pm

Hi David,

Got your phone message. We will be heading to CT on Sat am, as I have a meeting at 6pm tomorrow eve that I have to go to. Tom will call you tomorrow between 3 and 4 to try to make specific plans for Sat. Easy walks will be ok. We do not wish to harm the knee any more than necessary. The one you posted sounds kind of nice. A good out of state brew would hit the spot for the coming weekend!
Laurie
Laurie
Beer Goddess

Postby coldfeet » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:11 am

thx, hmmmm, reminds me of a song, "The things we do for love"
coldfeet
Pubcrawler

Postby Tom » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:37 pm

I called David and chatted.

The hike will be the Branford Trail. Here is a good map and directions:

http://www.scrcog.org/Trails_files/Trai ... tBeach.pdf

The Pub is SBC Branford. http://www.southportbrewing.com/ I called and verified they will be open.

How is 12:00 Noon for a start of the hike?
Tom Rankin
Tom
Site Admin

Postby coldfeet » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:16 pm

12:00 it is! I saw that upside down write up and didn't post it, figured you had to do that. Tom, where do you want to meet Sat morn? Do you want to meet near the parking area, looks like it says Warfield Rd. We can check out Beacon Hill.

I'm going to check out York Mtn tomorrow afternoon for a short walk, then it's off to SBC Hamden. Below is a write up on York.

http://www.trails.com/tcatalog_trail.as ... XFA032-044
coldfeet
Pubcrawler

Postby Tom » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:52 pm

coldfeet wrote:12:00 it is! I saw that upside down write up and didn't post it, figured you had to do that. Tom, where do you want to meet Sat morn? Do you want to meet near the parking area, looks like it says Warfield Rd. We can check out Beacon Hill.
Yes, that's the place.
Tom Rankin
Tom
Site Admin

Postby coldfeet » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:12 am

Great. I'mm sleeping over somewhere in CT tonight, will see you guys on Sat. I won't be able to access any computer so give me a call if any changes. You forgot to give me your bagel order. Leave me a text or call me and leave a message on my phone before 2pm.

PS This is the longest thread on the website, I never had to click to page 2! Glad to see it works :wink:
coldfeet
Pubcrawler

Postby Tom » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:29 am

coldfeet wrote:Great. I'mm sleeping over somewhere in CT tonight, will see you guys on Sat. I won't be able to access any computer so give me a call if any changes. You forgot to give me your bagel order. Leave me a text or call me and leave a message on my phone before 2pm.

PS This is the longest thread on the website, I never had to click to page 2! Glad to see it works :wink:
The map says the end of Dominican Road. Warfield is 1 road to the West. See you then.
Tom Rankin
Tom
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Connecticut Trips and Events