Cambridge House, Granby CT

Connecticut Trips and Events

Moderator: Pamola

Cambridge House, Granby CT

Postby MarcHowes » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:58 am

Ah, my introduction to CT VNB!

I was running a 5k obstacle course in Southwick MA on Saturday October 2nd. After the race we were looking for some pizza so we drove into Granby CT where I had seen a pizza place near the border the day prior. As luck would have it this place was closed due to "family emergency" so we opted to drive further south in hope that we would find another pizza place or at least a place to get grinders.

Suddenly there it was -- The Cambridge house! Judging on the signage they were a brewpub so we swung back around and stopped by. Score!

They didn't really have much on tap. One of the beers on tap was so bad the waitress insisted that we have a sample beforehand (yeah, it was horrible, a bad batch perhaps?). The Dark German beer was "just ok" but their double IPA made up for the other two (and then some). 6 different hops and a great grapefruit taste with a tasty lingering aftertaste.
MarcHowes
Senior Viewer

Re: Cambridge House, Granby CT

Postby Tom » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:20 am

What and you didn't call me?!
Tom Rankin
Tom
Site Admin

Re: Cambridge House, Granby CT

Postby redshorts47 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:37 am

I agree. If the waitress suggests a sample beforehand, it must be bad. But like you, the "Curious George" inside me would have to try it, just to see how bad it was. Atleast the IPA was good. How was the food there?
A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.
redshorts47
Pubcrawler

Return to Connecticut Trips and Events