John Harv......make that Tullycross Tavern and Microbrewery

Connecticut Trips and Events

Moderator: Pamola

John Harv......make that Tullycross Tavern and Microbrewery

Postby redshorts47 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:31 pm

I went to go help out a friend in Connecticut today and he suggested we go to the John Harvard's in Manchester. Originally we were planning on going to City Steam but decided to just go to John Harvard's. As we got closer and could see the building we were surprised to see John Harvard's not there anymore and the building ablazed with a new name, Tullycross Tavern and Microbrewery. We wereen't sure of this new change and decided to go in and give it a try. It just opened for the day at 11:30am when we got there so we walked right on in and sat at the bar. The very nice waitress behind the bar came over and asked us what we would like and we noticed on the beer board they had 3 IPA's on tap, Sweet!!! she gaves us both samples of all three and we decided "batch 3 IPA" was the best and ordered a pint. The other was "batch 2 IPA" and "Rye IPA" The #2 was sweet and citrusy, the rye IPA was just very unique, pretty good and the IPA had a nice piney taste to it. Can't remember which hops each 3 had but the waitress was very helpful and informative. The place is very nice inside but my friend said the interior hasn't changed at all since it was John Harvards. I guess from the Hostess this new place bought out John Harvard's. We both had a cheeseburger and it was very good. Very happy with this place. I did go for a 3 mile walk but since my wife wasn't with me I've decided not to count it since it will give me another reason to go back to it. Great Place!!!!!! :D :toast:

The link to the temporary website is below, they will be launching their official webpage Oct. 28th

http://www.tullycrosstavern.com/
A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.
redshorts47
Pubcrawler

Re: John Harv......make that Tullycross Tavern and Microbrew

Postby Laurie » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:56 am

Way to be right on top of the latest Lee! And your wife will be happy to know they feature IPA's! Thanks for the update.
Laurie
Laurie
Beer Goddess

Postby Tom » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:40 am

Laurie wrote:Way to be right on top of the latest Lee! And your wife will be happy to know they feature IPA's! Thanks for the update.
I'm on it!
Tom Rankin
Tom
Site Admin

Postby redshorts47 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:45 pm

No problem at all Laurie :) This is definitely our kinda place for sure and she will be thrilled. I think on the Tullycross website they say something to the fact they didn't want to be held to just one IPA. I like their thinking! :D
A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.
redshorts47
Pubcrawler

Return to Connecticut Trips and Events