Sea Dog Bangor and Katahdin/Hamlin

Maine Trips and Events

Moderators: Pamola, Double Bow

Sea Dog Bangor and Katahdin/Hamlin

Postby redshorts47 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:19 pm

My wife and I went up to Baxter on the weekend of July 8th to climb Katahdin and Hamlin via the Abol Slide for my birthday. It was a beautiful weekend with perfect nothing but sun weather for this trip. We went up the Abol slide up to Baxter peak and then went over to Hamlin and then taking the cutoff trail for our return trip down the slide. Veru awesome day in the mountains. We woke up on Sunday to a light shower and decided to head right homw. The rain didn't last for long and the sun came back out to finish up the weekend.

On our way back home we stopped in our favorite brew pub in Maine. I guess it has to be our favorite because this is the only one we've been to and despite it not being on the Maine list yet I did confirm and witnessed that they do brew their own beer here. The beer and food here is absolutely wonderful and sitting on the back deck is so nice and relaxing. Wish this place was closer but I say that about a lot of the brew pubs I visit. Maine is so awesome. :toast:
A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.
redshorts47
Pubcrawler

Re: Sea Dog Bangor and Katahdin/Hamlin

Postby Tom » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:44 am

Maine is progressing a little slowly ... :(
Tom Rankin
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Pamola » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:05 pm

I've been called out! Fair enough, though. After losing the original list to a corrupted file, this list languished for too long without ever being published. When I came back to it, so much had changed. I do still need to put up three (six) more hikes for the brewpubs on there and I have been convinced to include Sea Dog. Consider the fire under my butt lit. It'll get done.

I am glad to see people bypassing the "rules" and gaps to pursue the spirit of this endeavor though.
Pamola
Brewer

Postby Tom » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:18 pm

Pamola wrote:I've been called out! Fair enough, though. After losing the original list to a corrupted file, this list languished for too long without ever being published. When I came back to it, so much had changed. I do still need to put up three (six) more hikes for the brewpubs on there and I have been convinced to include Sea Dog. Consider the fire under my butt lit. It'll get done.

I am glad to see people bypassing the "rules" and gaps to pursue the spirit of this endeavor though.

Excellent! :toast:
Tom Rankin
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Maine Trips and Events