Maine List Part 2

Maine Trips and Events

Moderators: Pamola, Double Bow

Maine List Part 2

Postby woodzy » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:54 pm

We walked the main strip of Bar Harbor. We went to Seadog Brewing Co the next day in Bangor since it was a rainy day. They had 10 beers on tap. You name it they had it. We got the sampler. Frankly it tasted like they had 5 good beers and the rest were watered down versions of the other 5 beers. The food was good. After that we went on a walk by the river behind the brewery.

We had one more day to hit up 3 more breweries. We made out a plan. We got up early and went on a hike in Acadia called North Bubble Summit.

We then headed to Bear Brewpub north of Bangor. It had good food. We tried samples of the beers, but they did not have a sampler (go figure). The beers were good just to hoppy for me. The base beers tasted good, but then they dry hopped it. If you are a hop head, you will love it.

Then we head to the Liberal Cup in Hallowell. The food was good. Most of their beers were good. I really liked Alewife ale it was like a double bock.

The last brewery was Marshall Warf and the the place to eat was 3 Tides. The food was good and all their beers were excellent. The beers contained so much alcohol the pub had a limit of 2 pints printed on the menu. We then went on a nice walk on the riverfront in Bucksport. We got a nice view of Fort Knox (no gold here).

After the first 6 breweries I have to say Maine has some great beers. I can't wait to go back and explore the rest of the breweries in Maine.
woodzy
Viewer

Re: Maine List Part 2

Postby redshorts47 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:34 pm

Sounds like you had a great time exploring the Maine brewpubs. I love SeaDog Bangor. Never had their sampler, just know I love their ipa and the food is great. Gotta check out that bear brewpub since I'm a hop lover. Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to check these ones out
A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.
redshorts47
Pubcrawler

Return to Maine Trips and Events