Black Bear Microbrew vs. The Bear Brew Pub

Maine Trips and Events

Moderators: Pamola, Double Bow

Black Bear Microbrew vs. The Bear Brew Pub

Postby Lindsay » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:38 pm

I'm trying to sort this out, and it's not working yet; maybe I'm just over thinking it. In Orono, there's the Black Bear Microbrew http://www.blackbearmicrobrew.com/. It's located at 19 Mill St., and has a tap room that is open Tuesday through Saturday. I spoke with a fellow working in the back room on a closed Monday, and that was his story. It appears that the only food they serve, other than "Moe's BBQ Wednesday Night", is pizza by the slice.

Around the corner at 36 Main Street is the Bear Brewpub http://thebearbrewpub.com/, which pours, among other Maine craft brewers beers, some of Black Bear Microbrew beers. There doesn't seem to be any other connection between the two establishments, and there doesn't appear to be any brewing happening at the Bear Brewpub. However, this is the Brewpub listed on the Maine page. We haven't personally visited the Bear Brewpub yet to confirm this.

Is there other information that I'm missing? Does the Bear Brewpub really qualify? I hiked 7 miles today, and really need a beer!
Lindsay
Viewer

Re: Black Bear Microbrew vs. The Bear Brew Pub

Postby Lindsay » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:12 pm

From a server at the Bear Brew Pub, they and Black Bear Microbrew (across the parking lot) are friends. The pub pours Black Bear brew (five as of this date), and the Black Bear Taproom serves the Pub's pizza by the slice. From our observation, the clientele in the Taproom all have college ID cards. The Bear Brew Pub draws folks more, ahh, our age. We elected to drink our Black Bear at the Bear Brew Pub.
Lindsay
Viewer

Re: Black Bear Microbrew vs. The Bear Brew Pub

Postby Laurie » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:59 pm

We have to do the same thing, sort it out and just as we think we have........another local deal comes along driven by the cost of rent, parking, etc and things may change. We do the best we can and love to have updates from people like yourself to try to keep it straight! And if we have to go check it out too...................oh well, more beer for us! Thanks for the updates!
Laurie
Beer Goddess

Return to Maine Trips and Events