Tun Tavern

NJ Trip reports and upcoming events go here

Moderators: Pamola, Tom, dawn

Tun Tavern

Postby Woolybear » Mon May 31, 2010 10:08 am

Ocean City Boardwalk and Tun Tavern
May 29nd & 30th 2010 ,Woolybear (Paul), Laura S., Dot B., Elzbieta S., & Halina S.

Since I was in NJ visiting my In-laws it seemed like a good time to start the NJ Views and Brews List. Started with a trip over to the Ocean City Boardwalk. Had the kids with me and the Ocean City boardwalk is very kid friendly. Walked the full length of it (with the stroller) and spent some time with my five year old walking in the water and sand on the beach. A enjoyable walk (with funnel cake, all hikes should have funnel cake). With the walk and frustrating drives in and out (it being Memorial Day weekend) I didn’t have time to get over to the Tun Tavern that day instead hit the Tun Tavern the following day. Was going to go by myself and take the lite rail in from Absecon (Atlantic City is not the best driving destination and has a significant reputation for car theft and brake ins) but my mother in law enjoys the Tun Tavern and wanted to go so we made it a family lunch trip. Since they’re locals we ended up driving in and if you do there is free parking for the Tun Tavern right there and very affordable (3$ for the day) parking just east one block. We got there just as they opened for lunch so no crowds but I imagine based on its location it get fairly crowed so be aware. The atmosphere is a little “yuppie” but the beer was very good (did both sides of the spectrum the Leather Neck Stout and the Tun Light :toast: ) as was the service (we had a two month old baby with us and the service was still very good). Then there is the food. The general basic fare was good and they also have a large selection of more upscale food that was also of high quality (the crab soup was VERY good :D ). In total the Tun Tavern was a very good experience and if your in the area you really should visit it (don‘t think I‘d drive the four and a half hours through NJ just for the tavern though), hike or no hike.

Some pics of the boardwalk:
http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2484 ... 4701lEvyrX
PA - 4/30
Woolybear
Pubcrawler

Re: Tun Tavern

Postby redshorts47 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:22 pm

Woolybear wrote:Ocean City Boardwalk and Tun Tavern
May 29nd & 30th 2010 ,Woolybear (Paul), Laura S., Dot B., Elzbieta S., & Halina S.

with funnel cake, all hikes should have funnel cake. the crab soup was VERY good :D

Now who's making who hungry! Oh Man!! :D

Congrats on starting and getting your 1st V&B done in NJ!
A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.
redshorts47
Pubcrawler

Return to New Jersey Trips and Events