Bullfrog and Otto's Breweries

PA Trip reports and upcoming events go here

Moderators: Tom, dawn

Bullfrog and Otto's Breweries

Postby woodzy » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:16 pm

In Pennsylvania RVing with the family. Good time to work on the Pennsylvania list. Bullfrog and Otto were the two closest breweries.

I started in Williamsport. I went around Williamsport with the family. We looked at all the beautiful old homes there, especially on the Millionaire Ave. We then took a trolley ride and riverboat cruise with the family. After we got our mile of walking done we drove to Bullfrog.

The Bullfrog brewery was really nice looking. There was all kinds of murals painted outside. We got a table pretty quickly. The service was good. We ordered Nacos and a sampler. The sampler contained seven different beers. I was really looking forward to the beer. They had three sour versions. Two were brown and one blonde. Needless to say they were not great and too sour to drink. Regrettably the beer here was not good. The best beer sadly was an IPA. I guess if you like IPA's this is the place for you.

Then the next day we went to Bald Eagle State park. We hike over 3 miles with the family. This is a great park for kids. The trails are easy and they have a beach. We took the Butterfly trail. We saw lots of butterflies. We also saw lots of birds including some Bald Eagles. It was a great way to start bird watching with the kids. We then headed to Otto's.

Otto's brewery is pretty big. The service was good and the beer was ok. We ordered a pizza and a sampler. Their sampler contained five beers. The hefeweizen was weak, the weizen was drinkable, the Scottish ale was horrible, the imperial red was even worse, and the engine #2 was an over hopped IPA.

No winners this time. I will continue on in Pennsylvania, there is better!
woodzy
Viewer

Re: Bullfrog and Otto's Breweries

Postby Tom » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:30 am

Bullfrog was the first and only place I ever took home a growler of LAGER! :o And we did not like the IPA. You and Paul never cease to amaze me! :lol:
Tom Rankin
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Woolybear » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:22 pm

Sadly I'm not in on this one Tom. Circumstances :( have kept me at home and out of PA for the time being.
PA - 4/30
Woolybear
Pubcrawler

Postby Tom » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:07 am

Woolybear wrote:Sadly I'm not in on this one Tom. Circumstances :( have kept me at home and out of PA for the time being.

Just a general comment! :D

Next week, we are heading to Philly for some serious pub bagging!
Tom Rankin
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Pennsylvania Trips and Events