Ravens Head goes to Cohoes

Moderators: Tom, dawn

Ravens Head goes to Cohoes

Postby redshorts47 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:47 pm

Ravens Head after trying to open a brewpub in the St. Joseph's Church in Albany and being defeated by opposition plan to buy the Old Armory Building in Cohoes. Looks like the city of Cohoes really wants them their and it looks like it will be a much better fit for the brewery with the ample parking and way better location. Wishing them the best :D :toast:

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Brewery-eyes-Cohoes-Armory-4230607.php
A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.
redshorts47
Pubcrawler

Re: Ravens Head goes to Cohoes

Postby Woolybear » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:45 am

I love the old armory building (I remeber it as cramers armory from my childhood :-D ). It will be a better fit yes as to parking well there is parking but Lee I wouldn't use the word ample though St Josephs church is a block or so away and is now vacant if they could get access to their parking lot then ample would work. That neighborhood has seen better days with luck this will help for a turn around (expansive high density low income neighborhod now, mostly). A plus will also be the new condos going up about a quarter mile away. Cohoes has a large selection of good size empty properties that would suit a brewery or brewpub well (i can think of ten off the top of my head) if a good deal can be worked out it may be a workable fit.
There is a property not to far form the armory that I have been eyeing since youth. I think I owuld enjoy turning it into a small brewpub. Maybe in 5 to 10 years i'll be able to give reavens head some cometition (unless they grap the buildign I want first :twisted: ).
Best of luck to them :toast: .
PA - 4/30
Woolybear
Pubcrawler

Postby redshorts47 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:24 am

They said there is 20-30 private parking spaces that comes with the property, that's a lot more then most brewpubs have. Hope all works out with this, I love the look of the building
A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.
redshorts47
Pubcrawler

Postby Woolybear » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:29 pm

The back lot of the armory could maybe hold 15 cars if you took out the ramp to the main level. It kinda depends what the city is calling a parking spot they may have listed "parking spots" in the alley as well. Of course Cohoes has a history of fires and arson so there may have been a fire resulting in a empty lot near by that they could now own. Either way there is parking a hell of a lot more than the Albany location they were looking at.
I too hope it works out.
PA - 4/30
Woolybear
Pubcrawler

Return to Everything else