La Rana Dorada, Panama City, Panama

Moderators: Tom, dawn

La Rana Dorada, Panama City, Panama

Postby prepka » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:41 pm

I was in Panama with a geology class from Fairmont State University (Fairmont, WV). Early in the trip I had asked our guide, Archie, about the brewpub. He did not seem too interested. On the last day of our touring we were in the old part of the city of Panama. We tromped around the old historic buildings from the French period in Panama. The area has been declared an historic site and is being restored. The buildings and architecture is beautiful. The workers are relaying the brick streets by hand. As we were finishing up our tour passed the presidential palace we found ourselves in front of La Rana Dorada Cerveceria - The Golden Frog. Inside the waitress brought out a sampler of their four beers for us to try (for free). A Pale Ale, a Pils, a Blancha / Belg and a porter. Then most of us ordered a pint of our choosing. I got the Porter. It was a wonderful treat on this extremely hot humid Panamanian day!

Also domestic beers in Panama were Balboa, Atlas, Soberana and Panamá.
Paula
prepka
Senior Viewer

Re: La Rana Dorada, Panama City, Panama

Postby redshorts47 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:57 am

Can't beat free beer, especially on a hot, humid day!
A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.
redshorts47
Pubcrawler

Re: La Rana Dorada, Panama City, Panama

Postby Laurie » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:39 pm

Generous Panamanians! Sounds like the venue and the brews were pretty nice - thanks for sharing. We better write something up about our Puerto Rican brewpub experience as well........
Laurie
Laurie
Beer Goddess

Return to Everything else